One of my new favorite blogs is Catharsis. Laura is witty and smart, two qualities I look for in a blogger. Apparently she likes me too because she gave me The Versatile Blogger Award. I was given this award once before by my dear friend Grace at Musings Of Mama Grace. But Tom Hanks has 784 Oscars, so I can at least have two of these awards.
Besides, the whole point of the award is to help you guys get to know me better by telling you five things about me. Who wouldn’t want to know five things about me? It’s also a great way to introduce you to five new bloggers. New blogs are coming on to my radar all the time, so that part was easy.
It’s hard to think of five things you guys don’t know about me. I’m an over-sharer. But I’ll try.
1. I still have the E.T. doll I got for Christmas in the 2nd grade. I slept with him all the way through elementary school, middle school, and high school. I even took him to college. He now resides under my side of the bed. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that I will start sleeping with him again when Dallas deploys. Here’s a picture, he hasn’t always been this scary looking.
2. Dallas and I are going on a trip alone together at the end of the month. After much discussion and research we decided to go to Belize! I’m very excited. The only place outside of the U.S. I’ve visited is Canada and it was so long ago that we didn’t need passports. I’m almost as excited to travel somewhere exotic and have alone time with Dallas as I am about all the sleep I’m going to get.
3. I’ve had plastic surgery. It’s the best thing I ever did that was just for myself.
4. I’m not an adventure-seeker but I have bungee jumped. I was 18 and it was during the bungee jumping craze. There was a crane set up on the beach in Fort Myers, FL. Against my mother’s wishes and at the chiding of my father I did it. It was great. I hope my children never do anything so stupid and irresponsible.
5. The smell of peach schnapps makes me gag.
Now for the best part. The five blogs think you should get to know right now!
Well…what are you waiting for? Go check them out!