I’m linking up again this week with Stasha at The Good Life for Monday Listicles. The prompt is “from the family tree.” I’m going to add to it and say, “as the story goes, from the family trees.” I can’t be sure if anything I’m saying is the truth. It’s possible the stories are different than I remember or complete products of my imagination.
Neither here nor there.
1. On my Mother’s side I am vaguely related to Captain Lou Albano.
2. We are also related to a midget wrestler.
3. When my Dad’s Father moved to this country he changed his name from Lishka to Fox because he, “didn’t want to sound ethnic and be discriminated against.” My middle name is “The.”
4. Lishka means little fox.
5. We are not related to Micheal J. Fox.
6. My Dad curses in Slovak. Or Hungarian. I’m pretty sure most of it is gibberish.
7. When my Mom’s Mother came to America her name was changed from Alisandrina Santina to Alice. Lame, but I’m glad I didn’t inherit that name. Bridget is long enough and sounds like ‘bird shit’ when you say it really fast.
8. We are not related to Santino from Project Runway. (But I think he and Captain Lou are related…so maybe…)
9. Dallas’ Great-Grandfather on his Mom’s wrote a pamphlet supporting prohibition. It made enough money for him to start a radio station. I’m sure he rolled over in his grave when Dal married a wino like me.
10. Dallas’ Grandmother on his Mom’s side was raised in an orphanage after her mother died of scarlet fever (or whooping-cough or something like that). That upbringing is why she just accepted me and my first set of twins as her own instead of freaking out that her Grandson was involved with some older woman with two kids. I miss her.