I’m back with Stasha at The Good Life for another edition of Monday Listicles. This week’s list is guilty pleasures. I have a lot of them, so it will be hard to narrow it down to just 10, but for you I’ll do my best.
1. The Real Housewives - They’re skanky. They’re trashy. They’re quite possibly the worst people in America. I can’t get enough of them. Watching the show makes me feel better about myself. No matter how trashy I am or how many arguments I get into with my family and friends, I know I never stoop to the level of these broads. Not yet.
2. People Magazine - Like the housewives I know I shouldn’t care about celebrities. For the most part, I don’t. I don’t care who is dating or feuding with whom. I do care (just a little) about what they are wearing and who is scary skinny or fat. I don’t buy it, but if it’s in a waiting room I’ll wrestle you for it. With pictures like this floating around, how am I supposed to resist?
3. Monty Python - I’m not one of those people who knows everything there is to know about Monty Python. I can only remember a few quotes, but I love it. If I’m talking to you there’s a 78% chance this song is playing in my head.
4. Cake - Especially chocolate with chocolate frosting. If you put strawberry ice cream on the side I’ll be your best friend.
5. Sweet Tarts - I’m not above stealing every packet out of the children’s Halloween bags.
6. Crappy/Sappy Movies - Not too long ago I made a list of films that are never turned off in this house. It could be titled, “Some of the worst movies ever made.” If one of these is on TV, I’m on the couch for the next 2 hours mentally filling in every line that got cut for commercials.
7. The Stupid Dog - She makes me crazy. She follows me around day and night. She sheds constantly. I had to spend the kids inheritance keeping her alive this summer. I love her. I read some sappy thing on Pinterest the other night, got weepy, and sat on the floor snuggling her for 10 minutes. Then I was all covered with stupid dog hair. Annoying.
9. Wine and Popcorn - Dallas is gone a lot. More often than I like to admit I make something easy for the kids like mac & cheese, McDonald’s (going through the drive thru counts as “making dinner”) or leftovers. I wait until they’re in bed for my dinner; wine and popcorn. Add in #1 and it’s a perfect night.
10. Photo Websites - Not photography websites. I barely know how to turn on the camera. If it’s not point and shoot, I’m out. I mean sites with just pictures of random crap attached to snarky commentary. I can spend hours, literally hours clicking through the pages of sites like Damn That Looks Good, Awkward Family Pet Photos, and Catalog Living.
What’s your guilty pleasure?