It’s that time of week again! I’m excited to tell you all about my hometown: Port Charlotte, Florida! Holla Pirates!
But, before I move on to the Monday List I have some other business to handle. The fabulous Stasha at The Good Life is allowing me to pick the question for next week’s list! I’ve chosen to take you all Inside The Actor’s Studio With James Lipton. You’ve seen this program, right? Every celebrity interview ends with these 10 questions. Now it’s your chance to play celebrity and answer them too! Link up and enjoy!
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
5. What sound do you love?
6. What sound do you hate?
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Now, on to this week’s list. I was born in Ohio, but we moved to Florida when I was 12. I guess since I graduated from high school there I consider it my hometown. Also, I can’t think of 10 things to say about my Ohio town.
10. Growing up we referred to our little town as Port Chuckles or Port Toilet.
9. A lot of people confuse it with Port Charles from General Hospital. If that were true I would be married to Rick Springfield.
8. Famous people from Port Charlotte include John Hall, former kicker for the Washington Redskins and members of the ska band Less Than Jake. I attended high school with these guys. Due to my nerdy awkwardness they didn’t know I existed.
7. Port Charlotte was voted the best place to retire by Forbes Magazine. It was also voted God’s waiting room by teenagers.
6. Hurricane Charley hit Port Charlotte and the neighboring city Punta Gorda in 2004. It sucked. Not Katrina level suck, but lots of suck. I didn’t live there at the time so all I could do was watch on TV and send good vibes. That also sucked.
5. There is only one high school there, Port Charlotte High, home of the Pirates. Across the river in Punta Gorda is Charlotte High, they’re very creative with school names in Florida.
4. Even though there is a beach in PC most people drive to Englewood to go to the beach, ours is gross.
3. Port Charlotte is unincorporated so there is no mayor or city government. Just a bunch of wild anarchists.
2. When the wind is just right the smell of saltwater overcomes the smell of moth balls.
1. When I was a kid it was the winter home of the Texas Rangers. I watched hundreds of games in the blazing sun and got to see Sammy Sosa play on their farm team. I hate baseball.