This week Stasha wants to know what is so great about being a kid. As expected, I had four willing participants in creating this list.
Or four kids who either screamed “BUTTCHEEKS” and ran away or stared at my blankly for 10 seconds before returning to their texting.
10 Things That Rock About Being A Kid
10. Building a “pirate ship” out of a Wii remote holder, string, and the hair from your Thing 2 doll is a perfectly acceptable way to spend an afternoon.
9. Eating nothing but ice cream and chips for two days has no effect on your waistline.
8. If you fall asleep at 6 PM, no one cares. They might even celebrate.
7. Calling it “Happy Patrick Day” instead of “St. Patrick’s Day” is cute.
6. Five-year-olds are never hungover the day after St. Patrick’s Day.
5. If you are a teenage boy, it takes at least 3 days for anyone to notice you haven’t changed your clothes.
4. Your mother cooks dinner for you every night. (Almost every night.)
3. Invading other people’s personal space is accepted, often encouraged.
2. Watching the same clip of The Muppet’s opening theme song on YouTube over and over isn’t considered weird.
1. Free food, clothing, shelter, internet, cable, and phone. For at least eighteen years.