This week Stasha at Northwest Mommy is taking a tip from US magazine. She wants to know how celebrities are just like or not at all like us. This might be tough for me, since I never read US magazine…I’m a People girl. But, I’ll give it my best shot.
Celebrities Are Just Like Me Because…
1. They feed their kids gross stuff - You’ve all seen the Alicia Silverstone clip of her baby birding her child. (I doubt she does it on a regular basis. It seems like another stunt to keep her name in the media since after Clueless we all figured out she couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag.) Personally, I think it’s gross. But my kids eat McDonald’s which is at least equally gross, so we’re just the same.
2. They choose reasonable names for their children - All of our children have either a middle or first name that comes from our extended family. Celebrities do the same thing. Ms. Silverstone named her already-been-chewed-food loving son Bear Blu. Obviously her lineage is the Berenstain Bears and the inventors of Blu-Ray.
3. We both strike poses - Angelina Jolie has the leg pop:
4. We earn loads of cash - Ms. Jolie makes $10 million per movie. I make that much in love from your comments.
5. We both get loads of attention for weight loss - I’ve noted before the media frenzy over Kelly Preston losing her baby weight. You can read all about how I lost my baby weight from two sets of twins by clicking on this link. (Don’t worry if it doesn’t work, it will go live as soon as it happens.)
6. We go to great lengths for a big night out - I read that celebrities get Botox in their feet so their crazy heels don’t hurt on award nights. When I wear my hooker boots I wear these sexy ankle braces. It’s pretty much the same thing.
7. Even our pets are famous - If my stupid dog were purse-sized she’d have her own Twitter account.
8. Talent Runs In The Family – Will and Jada Pinkett Smith and their crew have nothing on my clan.
9. Perfectly Fitting Clothes – A blog whose title I can’t recall revealed that celebrities have every article of clothing tailored to fit their bodies. Even the crappy t-shirts they just “throw on” to run to the store. This is exactly like owning clothes in four different sizes because vanity sizing is so out of control I have no idea what size I am.
10. Celebrities Have Personal Trainers - I have Christin. She and I are doing a half-marathon in June. My plan was to do it at a 10 minute per mile pace. Recently she told me she thought 9 was my “sweet spot.” I’m pretty sure my “sweet spot” is on the couch with a plate of cookies, a glass of wine, and The Real Housewives. But with what I’m paying her in friendship I guess I’ll have to obey.
How are celebrities just like you?