Stasha at Northwest Mommy has asked us to list our favorite books. Since I’m a Theatre nerd, I’m going to have to add in a few plays, forgive me – I can’t help myself.
My Top Ten Works Of Literature
10. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
Because love always wins.
9. Our Town – Thornton Wilder
Because who we are every day, really is who we are.
8. Jacob Have I Loved - Katherine Paterson
Because having twins (or being a twin) is hard.
7. To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee
Because bad things happen and we have to try to understand them.
6. Dinner With Friends - Donald Margulies
Because marriage is nearly impossible.
5. The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein
Because a mother’s love knows no bounds.
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
Because women, even in the worst circumstances, are stronger than anyone could imagine.
3. Winesburg, Ohio – Sherwood Anderson
Because small town life is both beautiful and complicated.
2. East Of Eden – John Steinbeck
Because life is epic.
1. Blindness – Jose Saramago
Because the end is scary, but the beginning is worth it.