It’s my first Monday back in a while, I’ve missed reading everyone’s lists! In honor of Mother’s Day Stasha has asked us to make a mom-centered list. No problem.
Top Ten Things Motherhood Gave Me
10. Stretch Marks - Lots of them. They’re gross.
9. Saggy Hooters - I nursed twins. Twice. I’ve heard that it’s not the nursing that makes them sag, it’s the milk coming in whether you nurse or not. I’m not sure I believe that, but it doesn’t matter because I wound up with tube socks. Gross.
8. An Excuse To Have Plastic Surgery - See #10 & #9
7. A Sense Of Humor - When you find poop on a light switch you can either laugh or cry. I promise, it’s better if you laugh.
6. A Reasonable Bedtime - Left to my own devices I would stay up late every night. Sadly, 5-year-olds get up at the butt crack of dawn no matter how late they stay up.
5. Friendships - Sometimes the only thread that draws two people together is their kids. Often, that’s enough.
4. Respect For My Mom - I was a fairly good kid. But even good kids can make you crazy. Sorry Mom!
3. Appreciation For Sports - I don’t mind watching sports, I just don’t care who wins. But, I think sports are important for kids. It teaches them lots of good stuff. More importantly – it wears them out.
2. Love For Current Pop Music - I find myself listening to Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj even when the kids aren’t in the car. It’s not good music, but it’s catchy.
1. Unconditional Love - For the four best people in the world.
What did having kids give you?