This weeks list was chosen by some of my favorite bloggers, Erin and Ellen of Sisterhood Of The Sensible Mom’s. Since they’re so sensible they’ve asked us to list our top ten “Things That Make You Go Hmmm…” I’ll do my best.
Twinisms Top Ten Things That Make Me Go Hmmm….
10. Why do eggs come by the dozen? Why? Who decided 12 was the magic number for eggs?
9. Why is it still called MTV? The M stands for Music. When was the last time you heard music on that channel?
8. Why do books have jackets? I’ve never understood the paper that comes over hard cover books. I take it off and throw it away, why do I need an extra layer that’s going to get torn up?
7. Vanity Sizing - It doesn’t make sense and either makes me feel super thin or fat. Retailers, please come up with uniform sizing. Thankyouverymuch.
6.Why do you have to supersize the drink and the fries? I just want the giant iced tea, not the fries. If you give me the giant fries I’ll eat them. I need caffeine not calories.
5. Why can’t my friends and family understand time zones? I’ve lived in Alaska for 3 years. We’re four hours behind Eastern Standard Time. Even on holidays. So when you wish me Happy Easter at 5 AM I want to smother you with a bunny.
4. Why does my leg hurt so much? Seriously, someone tell me. I’d like to avoid admitting to my Doctor that I failed to follow any of his instructions.
3. Why does Starbucks size in another language? Grande, Venti…Starbucks started in Seattle, I’m pretty sure they speak English there.
2. C & C? What did C & C stand for in C & C Music Factory?
1. Why don’t my kids understand me? My friend Katy pointed out that kids think “Stop Fighting!” means, “Please explain to me why you’re fighting.” It doesn’t. “Stop fighting” means “STOP FIGHTING.” It may also mean shut up.
What things make you go hmm?