This week’s listicle is all about sounds. Sounds that annoy me. There are quite a few that make me cringe. You wouldn’t know it by the typical noise level at my house, but I prefer quiet. Thanks to Stasha for making me cringe ten times tonight.
Top Ten Sounds That Make Me Cringe
10. Biting your fork - John and Taryn do this just to annoy me. I’m seriously considering switching to plastic flatware.
9. The Emergency Broadcasting System - I know they’re trying to get our attention, but really is that awful sound really necessary? I just turn off the radio or TV when I hear it. There could be a meteor hurtling toward earth and I wouldn’t know because I couldn’t get past the alert sound.
8. Reese whining - He’s my whiner, my foot stomper, my pouter. It’s a good thing he’s cute.
7. Exhaust fans - I’ve mentioned them before. They grate on me. Seriously.
6. Dallas spelling his name - Whenever Dallas has to spell his name for someone he says, “It’s Dallas, it’s spelled just like the city.” It makes me crazy. People know how to spell Dallas and if they don’t they’ve never seen a map so saying it’s like the city doesn’t help.
5. Mario Kart - There is one sound on Mario Kart that sounds just like a busy signal. I always think there’s a phone off the hook somewhere.
4. The stupid dog panting - There’s really no need for her to do that in the same room I’m in.
3. Candy wrappers in a Theatre - If you can’t make it two hours without a hard candy – stay home. Thanks.
2. Radio static - The kids will listen to their craptastic music no matter how staticky the station gets. They’re annoying like that.
1. Taylor Swift - Her singing burns holes in my eardrums.
What sound makes you cringe?