When I was a kid I dreamed of writing a blog that my family and tens of other people read. See, dreams totally come true! I’m kidding, of course. I really dreamed about cleaning up other people’s bodily functions, cooking, and cleaning on repeat seven days a week. Double win!
No seriously, I didn’t dream about any of the crap that is currently my life. Stasha and Wendy at Twisted Domestic Goddess want to know what I really wanted to be when I grew up. This is probably going to be more depressing than my actual life.
I Dreamed These Dreams
10. I wanted to be the girl in ZZ Tops “Legs” video. Post-makeover of course. I could never be a shoe salesperson (her pre-make-over self) because feet are gross.
8. A veterinarian. I wanted to be a vet for a long time, but only for cats. I am totally a cat person (I don’t have one because of Dallas’ alleged allergies) because cats don’t care if you like them or not. That makes them awesome. Once I realized being a vet was more than just playing with cats I changed my mind.
7. A Catholic Nun. Stop laughing, I’m serious. I went to Catholic school most of my life and had fabulous Sisters as teachers. We used to go visit the convent once a year and play softball and make crafts with them. It seemed like the ideal life. The closest I got was being a Stage Manager for an undergraduate production of Nunsense II.
6. A Singer. Not that I can sing. At all. But neither can half the people on the radio, so I totally could have done this.
5. Secretary. The kind that wore pencil skirts and filed her nails all day long. If there are any jobs for that kind of secretary, I’m available. (Also, I’ve never seen Mad Men, but this photo seemed to fit.)
4. A teacher. I majored in Education for one semester. Then I remembered that I don’t like kids.
3. Stage Manager. I have a MA in Theatre with an emphasis in Stage Management. Not an ideal job for someone with a giant herd of children. C’est la vie.
2. A college professor. It’s just like being a teacher, only the kids are shaped like grown ups.
1. Independently wealthy. I’m still hoping this might pan out.
What did you want to be when you were a kid?